Answer: If you are trying to install Hosting Controller on a machine where MS SQL server is not already installed then you will get error Unable to create the SQL Server object.
The reason for this error is that Hosting Controller uses MS SQL DMO for handling MS SQL operations. MS SQL DMO is not present on the machine if MS SQL server is not installed. In this case, you need to install SQL Server Client Utilities on the server.
Install SQL Client Utilities on the server.
To install SQL Server 7.0 Client Utilities, follow these steps:
- Insert the SQL Server 7.0 compact disc into your CD-ROM drive.
- Click Install SQL Server 7.0 Components.
- Click Database Server – Desktop Edition.
- In the Select Install Method dialog box, click the appropriate option, and then click Next.
- When the Welcome dialog box appears, click Next.
- Read the License Agreement and, if you agree, click Yes.
- On the User Information dialog box, type your name and company name, and then click Next.
- On the Setup Type dialog box, click the Custom option, and then click Next.
- On the Select Components dialog box, clear the Server Components check box, but leave the Client Connectivity check box selected.
Note Management Tools and Books Online are optional components, but it is recommended that you install them. If you want to install them, click to select both the Management Tools and Books Online check boxes.
Click Next to accept these changes.
- To start copying the program files, click Next.
- To complete setup, click Finish.
- Click Exit.
- Restart your computer.